Gift Idea: Glasses Case with Elia De Leòn
Elia De Leòn, owner of Elia De Leòn Designs, made these glasses cases with a pattern from our Leathercraft Library. Follow her step-by-step tutorial and download the FREE pattern to get started!
- Craft Cuts
- Leather Making Pen
- Easy Grip Rotary Cutter
- Leather Scissors
- Craftool® Round Drive Punch 1/8" (SKU 3777-02)
- Magnetic Bag Clasp Rivetback
- Magnetic Bag Clasp Setter
- Tanner's Bond Permanent Adhesive Tape
- Deluxe Rotary Leather Punch
- Craftool® Pro Fine Diamond Chisels (SKU 88056-)
- Craftool® Rivet Setter (SKU 8100-00)
- Craftool® Dot/Rivet Awl (SKU 8056-00)
- Double Cap Rivets
- Craftool® Pro Flat Head Poly Maul (SKU 35061-01)
- Poundo Boards
- Deluxe Stone Slabs
- Ritza Tiger Thread
- Harness Needles - 10 Pack
1. Trace your pattern with a leather marking pen.
2. Cut out your leather using a rotary cutter and leather scissors.
3. Using a 1/8" drive punch, punch holes for magnetic rivets.
4. Install magnetic rivets.
5. Using Tanner's Bond® Tape, secure both pattern pieces together.
6. Mark rivet holes 1/8" from the top, 1/8" from the edge, and 1/2" apart OR mark your stitch line if you choose to hand sew this project.
7. Using a 1/8" drive punch, punch holes for rivets OR mark sewing holes with a pricking iron if you would prefer to hand sew this project.
8. Use a rivet setter to set your rivets OR take this time to hand sew your project.
9. That's it - you have a finished glasses case!
Elia De Leòn
Elia De Leòn is a designer and stylist. She comes from generations of dress makers, which inspired her to pursue a degree in apparel design. Her mom has played a major role in her career path - she didn’t have much growing up so she learned to make and alter her clothes. This skill was passed down to Elia along with ingenuity and a love for making something out of nothing.
Today Elia De Leòn Designs is a sustainable design house. “We transform recycled garments, dead-stock fabrics and leather into new things you will love to wear”.