Colton Backpack Paper Pattern
These detailed instructions and full-size patterns offer a step-by-step guide to creating a make a rugged, roll-top backpack.
We also offer the Colton Backpack Kit that includes pre-cut and pre-punched leather pieces and sewing tools needed.
- Finished Project Dimensions: 17 x 14 x 4.5 in. (43.18 x 35.56 x 11.43 cm)
- Includes 1 Paper Pattern & Instructions
Materials & Tools Required to Complete (not included)
- 5 to 6 oz (2 to 2.4 mm) Semi-Firm Tempered Leather (10.5 sq. ft.)
- 8 to 9 oz (3.2 to 3.6 mm) Firm Tempered Leather (5 sq. ft.)
- 1" D-Rings (4)
- 1" Center Bar Buckle
- Felt or other padding material (will be exposed)
- Harness Needles
- Scratch Awl
- Straight Edge
- Pricking Irons / Stitching Chisels
- Round Drive Punches
- Binder Clips or Similar
- Bell Skiver, Skiving Knife, or Wide Edger
- Wing Divider
- Thread Cutter or Scissors
- Preferred Adhesive
- Stitching Horse to hold leather pieces while stitching.
- Sanding Sticks for sanding edges.
- Multi-size Wood Slicker to burnish edges.
- Gum Tragacanth for burnishing edges.
- Cotton Swab to apply burnishing solution.