Gift Idea: Mini Bag with Elia De Leòn
Elia De Leòn, owner of Elia De Leòn Designs, made and designed a beautiful mini tote bag. Follow her step-by-step tutorial and download the FREE pattern to get started!
- Denver Sides (SKU 9074-38)
- Hair-On Calfskins
- Double Cap Rivets (size depending on leather weight) QTY: 8
- Magnetic Bag Clasp Rivet 14mm (SKU 1299-21) QTY: 1
- Rotary Cutter (SKU 3038-00)
- Ruler (SKU 3606-00)
- Rivet Setter (SKU 8100-00)
- Magnetic Bag Clasp Setter (SKU 8115-00)
- Deluxe Rotary Leather Punch (SKU 3240-00)
- Leatherwork Sewing Machine (SKU 3978-00)
- Cut your pieces out (4 pieces in total: tote, closure flap, two straps)
- Sew closure flap to back side of bag
- Install top side of bag clasp magnetic rivet to the closure flap
- Install bottom half of bag clasp magnetic closure to the front of the bag
- Attach straps with double cap rivets (one strap to each side of the tote)
- Sew up the sides and the bottom of the tote
- Lastly, turn the bag inside out and enjoy!
Elia De Leòn Designs
Elia De Leòn is a designer and stylist. She comes from generations of dress makers, which inspired her to pursue a degree in apparel design. Her mom has played a major role in her career path - she didn’t have much growing up so she learned to make and alter her clothes. This skill was passed down to Elia along with ingenuity and a love for making something out of nothing.
Today Elia De Leòn Designs is a sustainable design house. “We transform recycled garments, dead-stock fabrics and leather into new things you will love to wear”.